Friday Favorites,Lifestyle

TGIF- Friday Favorites

So… I didn’t have a post again this week. This damn shiplap project has been kicking our butts.

Corey and I are both hoping that this will be the magical weekend in which this project is finally completed. Stay tuned.

Since today is Friday I’m linking up with these lovely ladies:

April at Smidge of This for Five on Friday, Karli at September Farm for Oh Hey Friday, Amanda at Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites.

Let’s get started!

One

So last Friday I mentioned how I’ve been breaking out around my chin area lately and when I did some research I learned that if you break out in your chin area it could be hormonal or dietary. I’ve heard dairy can play a big factor when it comes to your skin so I decided to limit dairy as much as possible for the next month to see how things go.

I love me some cheese, my relatives were dairy farmers so it’s basically in my blood to consume dairy but it actually hasn’t been as hard as I thought it was going to be. I’ve noticed I don’t feel as bloated since limiting my dairy intake. I did notice that a breakout I had didn’t get as crazy as I think it would’ve if I continued to eat dairy. But just when I thought maybe this was the solution, two monsters popped up, so that was a nice surprise.

I picked up some Go Veggie cheddar and mozzarella cheese these week and used the mozzarella for my buffalo chicken naan bread pizza. It turned out pretty good, the Go Veggie cheese wasn’t as melted as Corey’s O.G version I made him but it still tasted yummy. I also cooked the chicken without adding any butter.

Two

Last Friday I mentioned how I have been thinking of totally switching it up and start going to school to become an esthetician! I visited my third aesthetician school yesterday and I’m thinking it’s the one!

I liked the facility more than the other two, everyone was nice and they work with financial aid which would be a huge lifesaver! I’ll keep y’all posted on what I decide to do!

source

Three

And to circle back around to what I mentioned last week for the third time, I spent the night at my bestie’s Friday and Saturday we had a busy day with her spin class and then working on some projects. I made two windows boxes and she refinished a side table that actually belonged to her great great grandmother.

Her table turned out amazing and I am happy to say my window boxes turned out pretty damn good as well. Since my window boxes will be in a shady area, I googled which flowers would work best and found this article from Better Homes and Gardens.

Here are some of my faves:

source

source

source

source

source

Do y’all have window boxes or containers you switch out for the season?

Four

So, I have to rant for a second.

Do you ever feel like you’re the only one on the road that is ACTUALLY AWARE of what the speed limit is?

Half of my commute is on a one lane road and I can not tell you how annoyed I get when the sign says 55 or 45 and these people drive a good 10 miles under the speed limit but when it changes to 25 through a school zone they’re still going 35.

It really burns my britches. Like, where did you get your driver’s license? Out of a Crackerjack box?

Crazy.

source

Five

As usual, I had my N’Sync Pandora station on at work this week and while I was eating lunch TLC’s No Scrubs came on.

I was just being a typical white girl bopping my head along like “yup, ain’t got time for no scrubs in my life”.

It’s an awesome song.

source

And then it was followed by MMMBop… Which apparently they’re touring.. and still making music.

Go on with your bad selves boys.

And that is all for today folks! I am going to enjoy my don’t really have any plans except to get this shiplap done weekend, let me know what you’ll be up to!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

Bri @ My Life As
    March 31, 2017 at 6:48 am

That pizza you made looks really good! Congrats on finding a school that you like! People who drive under the speed limit, but then don’t slow down for school/construction zones piss. me. off. Much like people who have the need to pass me, or switch to my lane in front of me, & then go slower than I was driving. Have a great weekend!

Maggie Lois
      March 31, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Thank you, and it tastes as good as it looks! Girl preach, I’m glad we’re on the same level here. Enjoy your weekend as well!

Laura @ Laura Likes Design
    March 31, 2017 at 9:29 am

Just found your blog off of another blog and I love your style! Definitely adding you to my reader right now!

Maggie Lois
      March 31, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Aw, yay thank you so much! Have a great weekend!

Kelsey
    March 31, 2017 at 11:21 am

My aunt went back to school to be an aesthetician and absolutely loves it!! She owns her own salon now and its going great!

Maggie Lois
      March 31, 2017 at 12:47 pm

That’s awesome, thanks for telling me, I love hearing stories like that! Have a great weekend!

Sierra
    March 31, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Happy Friday! Well that’s kind of a good thing that maybe the breaks outs aren’t cheese related?! I have issues with breakouts too and it is not fun. Glad to hear you may have found your school! Those are some great window boxes. Haha, I actually heard no scrubs on the radio this week as a featured throwback. It’s so weird hearing songs you grew up with now referred to as throwbacks. Confession, I used to be Hanson obsessed and saw them 5 times in concert and may or may not have grown out a Zac braid. Not my finest moments lol. Enjoy your weekend, girl! Beautifully Candid

Maggie Lois
      March 31, 2017 at 12:49 pm

I guess it’s good and sad at the same time lol. We’ll see how these next couple weeks go. And thanks, I’m so excited to get this new journey started! I know, aren’t those window boxes awesome?! I don’t think mine are gonna look that great but it’s something to aspire to lol. It’s so crazy how they’re throwbacks now! I remember listening to the radio in my room, playing with my barbies and listening to Britney, N’Sync, Backstreet Boys, TLC, Destiny’s Child, and so many other ones. Haha, I won’t judge you on your Zac braid, we’ve all had our moments, have a great weekend!

Laura
    April 1, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Those windowboxes are so pretty! I’m ready to plant flowers! I quit dairy a few months ago and I cannot tell you how much better I felt almost immediately. It was amazing. I didn’t have any few a month or so, and now I have cheese here and there, and milk in my coffee on the weekends, but way less than before, and I feel so much better. My skin has gotten a lot better too. It’s amazing how much difference it can make, but I do miss cheese!!

Maggie Lois
      April 2, 2017 at 8:58 am

I know, I love all of them, I can’t wait to start planting in mine! Isn’t it crazy how cutting out dairy makes you feel better? It’s sad because cheese is so good, but I’ve been finding out there are a ton of alternatives which I think makes the transition a little easier. Thanks so much for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend!