Friday Favorites,Lifestyle

TGIF- Friday Favorites

TGIF everybody, y’all know the drill by now, linking up with these lovely ladies:

April at Smidge of This for Five on Friday, Karli at September Farm for Oh Hey Friday, Amanda at Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites.

One

I normally use my numero uno spot to plug my own blog post for the week but I did not get around to getting it ready because the DIY shiplap Corey and I are installing in the entry/hallway is taking way longer than expected and last Sunday I decided to keep on painting this beast of a project rather than get a post ready.

But don’t worry, I will have a post up and ready to rock for the following week, I can’t wait!

Two

I am in need of some meal planning ideas folks. I’ve been searching Pinterest for some ideas and I came across this Skinny Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken.

I’m planning on adding the ingredients to my shopping list, let’s hope it tastes as good as it looks!

If y’all have any awesome meal-prep recipes/ideas please let a sister know.

source

Three

So, I have got some big news!

I am looking into changing my career path. Currently I’m in accounting and within the last six months or so I’ve been really thinking about what I want and it just doesn’t seem like it has anything to do with what I’m currently doing. My skin issues started in 5th grade and finally when I was 20 I got on the right medicine and it fixed everything but because of all the issues I experienced when I was younger it made me passionate about finding ways/products to fix those issues. Becoming an aesthetician would be amazing because I could help people that have the same issues I had. So, I’ve been looking/touring local aesthetician schools in my area and I’m hoping to be making a choice and getting this new chapter started! Stay tuned!

source

Four

In not so fun news I have been breaking out on my chin lately. When I did some research I found out that breakouts in that area of the face can be hormonal or can be caused by diet, mainly dairy products.

Y’all I love cheese. Like, I consider it its own food group, but I can’t be having it break me out. So, to see if dairy is the issue I’m going to try to not eat cheese/milk for the next three weeks. Hopefully I stay strong, wish me luck.

Anyone else out there cut out dairy before? If so, did you notice a difference in your skin?

source

Five

I have another fun-filled weekend ahead of me!

Starting off the weekend by spending the night at my bestie’s tonight. After work I’m meeting her at Home Depot to get some wood for a project I’ll be building on Saturday (stay tuned) and then we’re heading back to her casa to make some homemade chicken and broccoli. And maybe take the dog for a walk since it’s supposed to be nice. And then do our Indian Healing Clay face masks, drink some wine and watch Live PD. But not too much wine, because she’s teaching her spin class on Saturday and I will be attending as well so we gotta be in good shape for that.

Then Saturday evening, I’m heading out to a surprise birthday party for the mom of a girl I’ve been friends with since our daycare days. Sunday Corey and I will finish this damn shiplap project.

Whew, getting kind of tired just thinking about all of that.

This is gonna be me at 4:00 pm Eastern time today:

That’s all for today folks, let me know what you’re up to this weekend, happy Friday!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

Mackensdy
    March 24, 2017 at 6:31 am

Congrats on making a career move! It can be a scary decision but is such a good thing to stay happy and motivated! That chicken looks delicious-I need to try it! Have a great weekend!

Maggie Lois
      March 24, 2017 at 11:05 am

Thank you, it’s definitely intimidating but I’m ready! I know, it looks amazing, I am always down for some good Chinese food, have a great weekend as well!

Bri @ My Life As...
    March 24, 2017 at 9:32 am

Oh my goodness I’m sorry about having to cut out dairy! I don’t know what I would do without cheese!

Maggie Lois
      March 24, 2017 at 11:05 am

Haha I know, it’s really cutting to the core of me but I’m trying to stay strong!

Sierra
    March 24, 2017 at 10:26 am

Happy Friday! I feel like so many of our projects turn out longer than we expected, but I’m sure yours will be amazing when it’s done! Side note, I love your built-ins around your tv. I’ve had/have skin issues that I’ve been trying to get a hold of. I have a few friends that are aestheticians and love it. I’ve heard that about dairy too, but cheese, oh for the love of cheese!!! Have a great weekend with your bestie!
    Beautifully Candid

Maggie Lois
      March 24, 2017 at 11:07 am

Ok good, I’m glad we’re not the only ones. I feel like all the tutorials on Pinterest are like “oh yea, I had my whole house shiplapped in one hour” and then I go to do it and I’m like, they must’ve been on drugs because there is no way, lol! Aw yay, that’s good to hear, I think it could be really rewarding so I’m excited! This whole no cheese thing is hard, but I’m trying to stay strong, have a great weekend as well!

Felicita
    March 27, 2017 at 10:55 pm

I suffer from hormonal acne and let me tell you when I cut dairy I noticed a difference pretty quickly. Do it! I breakout way, way less. Right now I am battling the dark spots but slowly but surely they are fading.

Maggie Lois
      March 30, 2017 at 8:29 am

Ugh, hormones suck lol! I’m glad your skin is getting better, thanks for stopping by!

Kelly
    March 31, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Aww that’s got to be so hard to give up cheese! I love cheese and agree that it really SHOULD be it’s own food group. I suggest the largest portion. But I’m glad you were able to find out what triggered your skin problem and that it can be easily remedied. I try to stick to vegan/vegetarian meals throughout the week and leave weekends free as my cheat days more so for just a healthy lifestyle. Going vegan wasn’t as difficult (I recommend the Thug Kitchen cookbook) but thanks to awesome recipes I’ve been able to find.

Found you through the Friday linkup! Enjoy your weekend!

Maggie Lois
      March 31, 2017 at 9:14 pm

Lol, I’m glad you agree with me, cheese makes everything better. I need to get that book for myself! I bought it for a friend because it was hilarious but I didn’t know it was vegan recipes, that is awesome! Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!