Holiday,Valentine's Day

Simple Valentine’s Gift Idea for Him

I think Valentine’s Day tends to be more of a girly holiday, but I think guys can get some love too right?

Since Corey and I have moved out here almost four years ago I’ve enjoyed surprising him every Valentine’s Day with some of his favorite goodies.

Luckily for me, Corey is pretty basic. He’s not really into spiced nuts, $100 blocks of cheese or wine that’s been aged for 8 years.

Beer, jerky and homemade cookies are more his thang. Peanut M&M cookies to be exact.

Corey was home when I was putting this together. I was in the dining room setting everything up and he was in the living room watching TV. I opened the bags of jerky and I heard him remove himself from the couch. I could feel someone staring at me so I looked over and there he was staring me or the jerky down.

Probably staring the jerky down.

Our dog does the same thing with her treat bag.

I bought the little baggies from Michael’s and used a chalk marker to label them.

And yes, these cookies are as good as they look.

This recipe is THE BEST cookie recipe in my humble opinion. If you like your cookies soft and fluffy, this recipe is for you. The recipe uses chocolate chips but I just substituted some Valentine’s Day Peanut M&M’s so they would be a little more festive.

That’s all for today folks! Do y’all do anything special for your guy around Valentine’s Day?

Click here to see where I link-up each week!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

Brettni Brumfield
    February 6, 2017 at 9:53 am

I agree! Valentines Day is much more of a girlie holiday. All my guy ever wants is for me to NOT spent a fortune on gifts. This is a prefect, eatable + reasonable priced. Any man would love it! ❤

Maggie Lois
      February 6, 2017 at 10:38 am

Haha, I don’t blame him and thanks girl!

Tina
    February 7, 2017 at 8:03 am

Love this idea- keeping it simple with small things our man likes. I’m going to have to do that this year! We have two littles and it makes it harder to leave for date nights…. so a date night in with his favorite goodies and some board games might be the ticket!

Maggie Lois
      February 7, 2017 at 10:26 am

Thank you! And you’re exactly right, it’s about the thought, and I’m sure having two kiddos makes Valentine’s Day for the two of you a little harder! Thanks for stopping by!

Laura
    February 7, 2017 at 10:13 pm

All my husband wants for Valentine’s Day is for me to go to the gun range with him! :-/ Ha! I’d rather bake him cookies!

Maggie Lois
      February 8, 2017 at 6:00 am

Haha, that’s… romantic? Lol. Maybe y’all can trade off, you go to the gun range with him, he goes somewhere with you. Whenever Corey gets a new gun he always wants me to shoot it, so I feel you, good luck!

Erica Ashley
    February 8, 2017 at 4:40 pm

This is a GREAT idea!! My fiancé would love something like this! Simple yet all of his favorites! Thanks for sharing!

Maggie Lois
      February 8, 2017 at 7:27 pm

No problem, thank you!

Lynn
    February 8, 2017 at 8:18 pm

Great idea! I did something similiar years ago. I got Newcastle and cut and pasted hearts over the symbols. It’s still the only Valentine’s Day gift i I love the addition of the jerky!

Maggie Lois
      February 8, 2017 at 10:07 pm

Thank you! Aw, that’s a cute idea, thanks for sharing!