Friday Favorites,Lifestyle

TGIF- Friday Favorites

I had the worst morning yesterday. I woke up to my alarm blaring and I thought for a minute that it was Friday. Sadly, it was Thursday.

Thankfully today is officially Friday, so let’s get started!

I’m linking up with four awesome bloggers today to share five random things:

April at Smidge of This for Five on Friday, Karli at September Farm for Oh Hey Friday, Amanda at Meet at the Barre for Friday Favorites and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything for Friday Favorites.

One

Well, it’s official.

Atlanta Falcons vs. New England Patriots for Super Bowl 2017. I may get some heat for this, but I’m personally over the Patriots so I’ll be rooting for the Falcons next Sunday.

Not only am I looking forward to watching the game itself, but I’m also looking forward to all the yummy food I plan on consuming that day. Including this easy crab dip recipe I shared on Monday this week.

Who are you rooting for next weekend?!

Two

Speaking of food, one of the things on my to-do list this weekend is to meal prep my breakfast and lunch for next week. I love the whole jar salad concept so this Jar Salad cookbook I bought for myself around Christmas was a no brainer.

source

Three

I used to be a regular creamer type of gal but when my friend accidentally bought this stuff she hated it and asked me if I wanted it instead. I tried it out and I’ve been in love ever since. This stuff is the bomb dot com. If you’re not a hazelnut fan they have vanilla and carmel flavored creamers as well.

source

Four

So, I’ve got some ideas bouncing around in my head in regards to the direction I’m trying to go in as far as work and one of the things I’m wanting to learn is design software. I’m thinking of downloading SketchUp, have any of y’all ever used this before?

source

Five

I joined Twitter!

I’m definitely more of an Instagram and Pinterest person but I figured I would add one more form of social media to my repertoire.

What are y’alls favorite social media platforms?!

That’s all for today folks, have an awesome weekend!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

Amanda
    January 27, 2017 at 6:31 am

I love Twitter…when I remember it! I need to get on that whole salads in a jar bandwagon but I always just make them the tried and true traditional way….in a bowl and then devoured. Have a nice weekend…from a Patriots fan.

Maggie Lois
      January 27, 2017 at 9:42 am

haha, that last part literally made me laugh out loud. It’s hard remembering all those social media platforms! And it’s perfectly fine making salads the traditional way. Have a nice weekend as well… from a Cowboys fan. 🙂

Bri @ My Life As...
    January 27, 2017 at 8:35 am

That dip sounds really good! I’ve never tried the salad in a jar but I’ve been thinking about it. I just need to buy some jars. Have a great weekend!

Maggie Lois
      January 27, 2017 at 9:43 am

It’s pretty awesome if I do say so myself! As far as finding jars, Wal-Mart is pretty cheap and I’m sure Amazon has some great options. Have a great weekend as well!

Kayla @ My Kind of Yellow
    January 27, 2017 at 9:19 am

GIRL I am with you on being so over the Pat’s. I am rooting for a Falcons win! Your blog is so darn cute. Found you through Amanda’s friday favorites link up!

Maggie Lois
      January 27, 2017 at 9:44 am

Haha yes, I’m glad I’m not the only one! Thank you so much! I bought the blog template from Etsy, the name is at the very bottom of my blog. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Jess at Just Jess
    January 27, 2017 at 9:52 am

I’m not really invested in either team so I’m more excited for the food. I love to meal prep lunches and dinners for the week so that I know I have a healthy option. Jess at Just Jess

Maggie Lois
      January 27, 2017 at 11:36 am

Lol, there’s nothing wrong with just being excited about the food! Meal prepping is definitely the way to go during the work week, have a great weekend!

Donna
    January 27, 2017 at 10:05 am

A friend of mine is vegan and I tried the vanilla almond creamer when I was with her a few months ago. I’m usually not a big fan of vegan alternatives but that one wasn’t too bad! Jar salads intrigue me but I worry about ruining them and then either have to eat soggy salad or waste a bunch of food!

Maggie Lois
      January 27, 2017 at 11:38 am

You’re right, there are some options out there that are no bueno. My friend who doesn’t like this creamer usually uses a coconut milk one and I don’t like that one, but I love the one she didn’t like, ha! In the book it actually tells you the science behind making the perfect jar salad so your ingredients don’t get soggy, it’s pretty cool! You just gotta make sure you don’t take any sharp turns on the way in to work and tip your salad over. 🙂 Have a great weekend!

Brettni @ Honeysuckle Avenue
    January 27, 2017 at 3:20 pm

So. Over. The. Patriots. (Insert Eye Roll) But on the lighter side, StechUp look so neat!!

Maggie Lois
      January 27, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Haha, preach! Doesn’t it look cool?! There’s a free trial so I’m thinking of downloading it this weekend. Enjoy your weekend!

Laura
    January 29, 2017 at 10:59 pm

Oh no, that is the worst when you are a day ahead!! What a bummer! That salad cookbook looks awesome! My mom makes jar salads for her lunch and loves it!

Maggie Lois
      January 30, 2017 at 6:14 am

I know! It’s really good, there’s a ton of awesome recipes to try out, enjoy your week!