I’m pretty sure dips are not their own food group but if anyone else out there is down to make it happen, you contact me.
One of my favorite dips of all time is this crab dip. For as long as I can remember my dad always made this every Thanksgiving and every Christmas as part of our pre-turkey smorgasbord.
The turkey and ham and are always good, but the appetizers have always had my heart when it came to our holiday meals. I would always over indulge on way too much cheese, smoked salmon and this here dip. This crab dip is pretty amaze balls and I hope y’all will agree!
This crab dip is super easy to make and it’ll be a perfect addition to your upcoming Super Bowl festivities.
- 2 cans of crab
- 2 packs (8 oz each) of reduced fat or fat free cream cheese
- 2 1/2 – 3 tablespoons of horseradish (more or less to taste)
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup of slivered almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop shallots.
- Soften cream cheese in microwave if needed for about 40 seconds. Mix together the cream cheese, 2 cans of crab (make sure you drain it), horseradish and shallots.
- Before putting the dip in the oven taste test to see if the dip needs anymore horseradish. The horseradish will give it a little extra kick, but you want to be sure to not add too much.
- Top with slivered almonds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- You can serve this dip with a french baguette, crackers or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
That’s all for today folks! Let me know what y’alls favorite go-to dip recipes are in the comments!
Click here to see where I link up each week.
ga('create', 'UA-87679789-1', 'auto');